Vous pouvez traduire l’article en français avec Google TranslateTraduire
Girls Not Brides UK releases recommendations for UK government action on child marriage
To mark International Day of the Girl Child 2013, members of the UK partnership of Girls Not Brides have released a paper outlining the action needed to end the harmful human rights violation that is child marriage. The paper makes a series of recommendations for UK government action on child marriage, including:
- Continue to demonstrate global leadership on ending child marriage
- Support quality education for all girls and boys as key to the fight against child marriage
- Support the creation of an enabling environment for ending child marriage
- Promote an integrated, multi sectoral approach to ending child marriage
- Establish a funding stream for early marriage
- Use all international opportunities to promote action on child marriage
Download the Girls Not Brides UK paper for background on child marriage and further detail about each recommendation.
The paper was co-authored by members of Girls Not Brides UK, members of which include: Plan UK (Co chair), FORWARD (Co Chair), ACCM UK, Anti-Slavery International, CAME Women and Girls Development Organisation, ChildHope UK, EENET CIC, Equality Now, Former Child Wives Foundation UK, IKWRO, Independent Yemen Group, IPPF, Make Every Woman Count, ODI, PANOS, Population Matters, SafeHands for Mothers, The International HIV/AIDS Alliance, World Vision.