Vous pouvez traduire l’article en français avec Google TranslateTraduire
Girls Not Brides at Women Deliver 2016
Part of the Girls Not Brides team will be attending the Women Deliver conference happening next week (16-19 May) in Copenhagen, Denmark. Women Deliver is the world’s largest global conference on the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women.
Women Deliver 2016 is also one of the first major global conferences following the launch of the Global Goals for Sustainable Development, and this year’s focus will be on implementing the Global Goals so they matter most for girls and women.
Child marriage at Women Deliver
Child marriage will be addressed throughout the conference. Here are some of the sessions that will touch upon the issue:
Tuesday 17 May:
- 6:30-7:45, « From early child marriage to safe age of marriage in the Middle East and North Africa » by KVINFO – the Danish Centre for Gender, Equality and Diversity (Room B4-3)
- 10:30-12:00, “Ending child marriage: justice, equality and human rights” (Room B4-2)
- 15:00-16:00, “Ensuring education in emergencies” with the participation of Mabel van Oranje (Room C1-MO)
- 15:00-16:00, To the point: TED-Style talk, “Every girl deserves a childhood & respect for their rights: ending child marriage” with the participation of Nyaradzayi Gumbonzvanda, the African Union Goodwill Ambassador for the Campaign to End Child Marriage in Africa (Plenary Hall A)
Wednesday 18 May:
- 12:15-12:45, Too Young to Wed: Guatemala, with Stephanie Sinclair and Katie Orlinsky (Arts and Cinema Corner)
- 13:50-14:05, Speaker’s Corner with Christo Greyling, World Vision: “Building evidence on the impact of local faith communities to enhance HTSP/FP, FGM, early marriage, gender equality: launch of two multi-country, longitudinal research studies” (Centre Hall E)
- 15:00-16:00, “Rise up: #GirlsVoices at the centre of development” (room C1-M1)
Thursday 19 May:
- 10:50 am, Speaker’s Corner with Marissa Kokkoros, Aura Freedom International. Marissa will be presenting her work against gender-based violence and child marriage in post-earthquake Nepal.
Know of any more? Let us know!
Can’t make it? Watch and take part online
- A number of sessions and events will be livestreamed through Women Deliver Live, enabling you to have a seat at the table even if you are not in the room. Register here.
- Tune in and contribute to the conversation using the hashtags #WDLive and #WD2016. For more information, download Women Deliver’s digital toolkit.
- What sessions should be broadcast live? Have your say here. You can also submit questions to speakers, including Mrs Graca Machel and The Elders, Mabel van Oranje, Chair of Girls Not Brides, and more!
- Want to tweet about child marriage and the Global Goals during Women Deliver? We have prepared a short social media toolkit packed with resources. Download it here.
- We have developed a concise, evidence-based messaging framework on child marriage and the SDGs. Download it here.
Come see Girls Not Brides’ booth and exhibit!
Come visit our booth! We’re located right next to the café, at booth C2-002. Please drop by and pick up our publications, a tote bag or come by for a chat.
We will also display the powerful Girls’ Voices exhibit, featuring stories of girls and activists from Girls Not Brides members all over the world!
Strategic brainstorm for the global movement to end child marriage
Join us after the closing ceremony for a strategic brainstorming celebrating the impact to date of the global movement to end child marriage, and to identify what our priorities should be for the coming years.
Hosted by our Board Chair, Mabel van Oranje, this side-event will feed into the Girls Not Brides’ Strategy for 2017-2020.Women Deliver will undoubtedly generate new and exciting ideas. This side-event will also be a space for you to share ideas and identify people to collaborate with. We will all be tired after a long week, but we promise to keep the discussion interactive, lively and fun! Light refreshments will be available.
The event is open to all. Feel to share the invitation with your colleagues and the people you meet during Women Deliver. Please email info@GirlsNotBrides.org to confirm your attendance.
Meet other Girls Not Brides members
Get to know other members in a relaxed setting before the Opening Ceremony. Join us on Monday 16 May at 3pm in the lobby of the Bella Sky Hotel (opposite the Bella Center).